No Days Off

This is dedicated to those who choose the path of No Days Off, I commend you all.. This is my head. A photo, a rant, and a quote with each post.

Name:
Location: Queens, NYC

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Quality.. What is that.. A lost Art.. I really hope not.


Is quality something that is an art? Lately I see it as a hoax, a farce, a facade even. People wait on line for anything that is limited for days.. WTF.. Then help create a 900% mark up on goods (sneakers, tshirts, hoodies, toys, videogames, you fucking name it). I am a capitalist through and through.. but there is a limit. It brings me back to quality.. If the quality was worth the 900% mark up, well fuck it yeah make is so. Then I see a company that is actually putting quality out, and since they are not a brand name or couture, they do not sell, then they end up having to discount, and eventually if it does not fly go outta business. So my issue is what happened to NYC individualism, and hunting for what is hot, not because we said so, or just because it is good ass quality and fresh as style.. So the fuck what if it does not have the latest name brand attached it it.. It all breaks down to outsourcing and profit margins, big business and homogonizing culture. that will be for tomorrow.. I end my rant

"Advertising is the modern substitute for argument; its function is to make the worse appear the better." -George Santayana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home