No Days Off

This is dedicated to those who choose the path of No Days Off, I commend you all.. This is my head. A photo, a rant, and a quote with each post.

Name:
Location: Queens, NYC

Friday, June 16, 2006

Damn Technology...



Could I have been smashed in the face any harder by technology this week.. I mean really. Phone (fucking VOIP), VPN (Virtual Private Network), Cell (never works in my office), the list could go on, but those were the trump cards that life threw me. It totally halted business for a day for me, and made it half assed for two other days, which if you don't know me, makes me a lunatic. It really opened my eyes to something I had totally thought I knew about, but really had no idea. How much technology runs my life, and many of the people around me.. Without it (in my life todate): I would not walk correctly (had reconstructive ankle surgery), I would not run a magazine (three people two coast, since our inception), those two are really the main things. For me it is plenty to stop and say.. Get the fuck outta here how much I am techo reliant. I would venure to say that if technology had a collapse and we as a society had to go back to ways of the past, we would be like cavemen. The reason you ask.. Well, the generation of people that lived in that manor, are dying off. I do not mean that in a malicious way, it is the truth. My Grandmother is that generation, she is 99, I love her, but comeon.. 99 not too many left.. I truly believe our elders hold the key to survival if what we know as the truth becomes a facade like some Hollywood shit.. I really had no point to this, so anyone reading this that is pissed that I did not crescendo, I apologize, I had to straight rant after the royal kick in the nuts by technology this week.. I bid you peace.

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." -Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home